(888) 371-6374
(317) 713-2928
Instantly connect to Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Indianapolis Case Evaluation
Indianapolis Immigration
Deportation & Removal
Deportation & Removal Defense
Green Cards
Green Card Lottery
Green Card by Marriage
Student Visa
Work Visa
J-1 Visa
Fiance Visa
E1 & E2 Investor Visa
Temporary Work Visa
Political Asylum
Immigration Appeal
Office Address:
8520 Allison Pointe Boulevard, Suite 220
Indianapolis, IN 46250

New Clients Only:
(888) 371-6374

Getting a J-1 Visa: Indianapolis Immigration Attorney

Understanding J-1 Visas

Foreign nationals may obtain J-1 cultural exchange visas if they desire to come to the U.S. for a restricted period of time and for a special purpose. The intent of the J-1 visa program is to provide those in the fields of education, arts and sciences to exchange interested individuals plus their knowledge and skills. At Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we assist persons who want to participate in the J-1 program. From our offices in Indianapolis, Indiana we provide services throughout Carmel, Fishers and Mc Cordsville and to clients worldwide.

A J-1 visa allows you to legally enter the U.S. as an exchange visitor. An Indianapolis immigration lawyer can help you understand how to correctly maintain your J-1 status which permits your spouse and children to stay with you and attend school while you are here. They can apply for authorization to be employed and can work in the U.S., except if their wages are utilized to support you. While here under a J-1 visa, you will be except from Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes. In certain cases, an individual may want to eventually apply for a different visa or program and a professional Indianapolis immigration attorney from our firm should be consulted to help carry this out.

A J-1 visa, or exchange trainee visa, is for individuals wishing to train in the United States. This differs from the F-1 student visa in that the training is vocational in nature. In this case, the visa must be sponsored by an exchange visitors program approved by the United States Information Agency. Are you interested in applying? It’s important to talk about your options with an immigration lawyer. At Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law in Indianapolis, Indiana, we can provide you with much-needed guidance and information. We can determine whether you may qualify. Most commonly, those who obtain this visa include:

  • Scholars wishing to attend lectures, seminars, workshops on a short-term basis
  • Professionally distinguished individuals wishing to attend meetings, consultations, workshops and conferences
  • Trainees intending to participate in a structured training program
  • Teachers who will teach full-time for up to 3 years and 30 days
  • Professors and research scholars
  • Certain specialists or skilled individuals
  • Qualified physicians trained in another country who wish to continue their training at a school of medicine in the United States for up to 7 years and 30 days
  • Foreign government representatives
  • Au pairs 18 to 26 years old
  • Camp counselors

You can schedule a confidential consultation with an Indianapolis immigration lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to offer you sound advice. If you’re new to our firm, call us at (888) 371-6374 or if you are an existing client, call us at (317) 713-2928 to talk about your case. We are located at 8520 Allison Pointe Boulevard, Suite 220 Indianapolis, Indiana 46250 and are ready to see how we can help you.

At Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we encourage your questions and we offer our help to obtain a J-1 visa for you or a loved one. With a professional from our Indianapolis, Indiana law firm to protect your legal rights and properly present your application, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We are always ready to talk to you about your specific situation to determine whether you qualify and how to best apply.

Contact an Indianapolis J-1 visa attorney from the firm in order to find out how we can assist you with your visa.

Talk to an immigration lawyer in  Indianapolis!
Free Consultation
Contact an Immigration Attorney in Indianapolis, Indiana, 46250
Directions to Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law
Contact Us
Contact Us
Contact Us
Contact Us