Indianapolis Lawyer for Fiancé Visas
Relationships can happen unexpectedly and may involve the meeting of different cultures and nationalities. International marriages can be a multicultural and beautiful experience. Differences in culture and diversity can serve to bind people together. It is not uncommon for an American citizen to wish to marry an individual from another country. In such a case, a fiancé visa is required. At Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we are experienced in helping clients in Indianapolis and throughout Carmel, Fishers and Mc Cordsville in Indiana with fiancé visa applications and proceedings. The most common visa that an individual will wish to acquire when marrying a United States citizen is a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. With our experience in handling K-1 visas, our Indianapolis immigration firm can offer you the level of help you need.
Information about Fiancé Visas in Indianapolis, Indiana
The application process for this visa is complex, and has many requirements. That is why it is so helpful to work with an attorney, and at Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law in Indianapolis, Indiana we are committed to only the highest quality legal counsel and personalized service to make a difference for our clients. Some of these requirements to apply for a K-1 fiancé visa include:
- Birth certificate
- Death certificate or divorce certificate from previous spouse
- Valid medical examination
- Proof of some form of financial support in the U.S.
- Proof of legitimacy of relationship
- Two photographs, measuring 1 ½ inches (37mm) square, that show the applicant’s full face against a light background.
There are several other requirements that must be met before the USCIS will grant your application for a fiancé visa. Your Indianapolis visa lawyer at our firm will also review these with you. They are:
- You must have met your significant other within two years of the petition filing date. You can obtain a waiver for this requirement if it results in extreme hardship or if it violates social and cultural practices of you or your fiancé.
- You must be willing to actually execute the marriage within 90 days of your fiancés arrival.
- You must have a valid intention to marry
At Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we can help you with your K-1 fiancé visa and once your nuptials have taken place, can assist you with a status adjustment for you or your spouse in order to seek a green card. Our Indianapolis, Indiana firm provides a whole range of immigration services and our legal representatives are standing by, ready to get your moving forward on your plans to get married and reside together here in the U.S. We are located at 8520 Allison Pointe Boulevard, Suite 220 in Indianapolis. If you are a new client, please call us at (888) 371-6374 to discuss your case. If you are an existing client or have already talked to us in the past, please call (317) 713-2928. We are always ready to see how we can help.
Contact an Indianapolis fiancé visa attorney from the firm today to find out your best course of action.