(888) 371-6374
(317) 713-2928
Instantly connect to Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Indianapolis Case Evaluation
Indianapolis Immigration
Deportation & Removal
Deportation & Removal Defense
Green Cards
Green Card Lottery
Green Card by Marriage
Student Visa
Work Visa
J-1 Visa
Fiance Visa
E1 & E2 Investor Visa
Temporary Work Visa
Political Asylum
Immigration Appeal
Office Address:
8520 Allison Pointe Boulevard, Suite 220
Indianapolis, IN 46250

New Clients Only:
(888) 371-6374

Indianapolis Immigration Law FAQ

Immigration law is confusing and complex; however, it is vastly important that you stay informed and educated regarding the issues. If you have questions, it is highly encouraged that you read some of the most frequently asked questions that are answered below before seeking advice and support from a tenacious Indianapolis immigration attorney.

  • What is an Extension of Stay? Am I eligible?
    • An Extension of Stay is precisely what it sounds like: it is the permission to stay in the country beyond the original terms of a nonimmigrant visa. If you are lawfully within the country with a valid nonimmigrant visa and have not been criminally charged within your stay, you are eligible to apply for an Extension of Stay. It is recommended that you apply well before the expiration of your visa to ensure that process proceeds smoothly.
  • Can you appeal a deportation order?
    • Yes, there are steps that can be taken to appeal a removal order. Following the order, an alien will be given 30 days to appeal to the Board of Immigration. From there, if the alien is denied, the matter can then be taken to the U.S. Court of Appeals and then to the U.S. Supreme Court.
  • How can I permanently live in the United States?
    • If you are looking to become an immigrant who permanent lives in the country, you need to seek status as a permanent resident. Those who are granted this permission are given what is commonly referred to as a “green card.” To obtain this status you can either seek a green card through your relatives, through a job, through status as a refugee or one of the other qualifying ways.
  • I’m a foreign national studying in the U.S., can I stay within the country following graduation?
    • To stay in the country following graduation, a student will need to obtain an H-1B temporary worker visa. Typically, graduates who work in a specialty field (such as a medical professional or engineer) will be able to obtain this visa with ease. To ensure that this process moves smoothly, it is recommended that students apply for this visa as early as possible to avoid penalties.

To get more of your questions answered, please feel free to contact an experienced Indianapolis immigration lawyer at the firm. For new clients, please feel free to call (888) 371-6374; if you are a returning client, please call (317) 713-2928.

Talk to an immigration lawyer in  Indianapolis!
Free Consultation
Contact an Immigration Attorney in Indianapolis, Indiana, 46250
Directions to Courtney L. Campbell, Attorney at Law
Contact Us
Contact Us
Contact Us
Contact Us